Independent thought, analytical discipline and the confidence to move contrary to the crowd
While many find comfort in crowds, few investors who seek that refuge capture the type of success that is the objective of actively managed investing. Our professionals serve with clear accountabilities, demonstrated expertise and the courage to follow high convictions. Meet our team:
Ryan P. Batchelor, CFA, CPA
Principal, Portfolio Manager
- Over 10 years investment experience.
- Previously with Wells Capital Management as a Senior Analyst for the Disciplined Value team, which managed a Morningstar-rated five-star mid-cap mutual fund.
- Prior to Wells, Ryan was an equity strategist and analyst at Morningstar, where he was quoted regularly in local and national financial media, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, The Economist, Financial Times, and live television appearances on CNBC and Bloomberg TV.
Heather D. Bryce
Principal, Chief Operating Officer
- Over 10 years of management experience.
- Joined Clifford Capital in August 2015 after working at Brigham Young University (BYU) as an Academic Products Manager, and under her leadership had managed over 50 employees and oversaw the simultaneous production of over 60 course projects each year.
- Prior to BYU, Heather was Assistant Chief Operating Officer for Charles River Consultants and also worked as an Analyst and Portfolio Assistant for City of London Investment Group.
David W. Passey, CFA
- Over 5 years of financial market experience.
- Joined Clifford Capital in 2010 after graduating from Utah State University summa cum laude with B.S. degrees in Finance and Economics and minors in Intl. Business and Intl. Studies.
- International finance experience including successfully completing a six month internship in Brazil for the country’s largest bank, Itaú-Unibanco, and a month-long educational government/business tour of Western Europe.
Wayne G. Pierson, CFA, CPA
Principal, Chief Compliance Officer
- Over 30 years investment experience.
- Wayne spent 32 years at Meyer Memorial Trust as the Chief Financial & Investment Officer, with top decile returns among foundations for the 10-year period ended December 31, 2013.
- Honored by Institutional Investor magazine as the 2011 Small Foundation Manager of the Year.
- Board Director of Oaktree Capital Group, LLC and M Fund, Inc.
- President of Acorn Investors, LLC, an investment holding firm.